First of create table called “visitor_counter” by executing the below SQL statement.
Step1: Creating Table
CREATE TABLE `visitor_counter` ( `counts` int(10) NOT NULL default '0' )
Now create one file called “counter.php” and paste the below content.
Step2: counter.php File
// Database Details
$host = "localhost";
$username = "root";
$password = "";
$db_name = "test";
$tbl_name = "visitor_counter";
// Connect to server and select database.
mysql_connect("$host", "$username", "$password")or
die("cannot connect to server ");
mysql_select_db("$db_name")or die("cannot select DB");
$sql = "SELECT * FROM $tbl_name";
$result = mysql_query($sql);
$rows = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$counter = $rows['counts'];
// setting counter = 1, if we have no counts value
$counter = 1;
$sql1 = "INSERT INTO $tbl_name(counts) VALUES('$counter')";
$result1 = mysql_query($sql1);
echo "You 're visitors No. ";
// Incrementing counts value
$sql2 = "update $tbl_name set counts='$plus_counter'";
$result2 = mysql_query($sql2);
(1) Database Connection
– You just have to provide the database credentials to connect with your database.
(2) Select Total Numbers of Users
– Execute simple select query to get the total count from the database table. if total = 0 means first visitor in this case insert the value in table.
(3) Display Record
– Display the total count as visitor Count
– Increment the total number by 1 to update the total numbers of counts.
That’s it..!! your simple visitor counter script with php and mysql is ready. Share this script with your friends.
Similar script : Online Users Script Using PHP and MySQL